recipe: homemade shibuya toast
Now you can create an impressive cafe-styled dessert with no culinary skills!
Prep time: 15 mins
1. Slice ⅓ of the bread and set 2/3 of it aside
2. Make square incisions on the inside of the bread.
3. Remove incisions and cut into cubes
4. Bake or toast the bread at 200C for 5 mins
5. Place the cubes, choco twilight biscotti and strawberries into the loaf of bread
6. Top it up with ice cream and boxgreen’s CNY snacks (or whatever you feel like!)
7. Drizzle with honey and serve.
Other ways you can enjoy it
The list is endless!! Mix a variety of fruits like banana, blueberries, and kiwis in to make a fruit toast!
Leah’s healthy tips
Choose wholegrain breads over white bread as it’s higher in fibre and protein.
Did you know?
These thick brick honey toasts, a.k.a Hanito as the Japanese call it, was first popularised in Tokyo’s Shibuya district.